Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My Birthday

It was my birthday May 31st. Had to work an evening shift. When I got home, the boys and Dan were waiting with a cake. It was very sweet. Dan had pre arranged with me that we'd celebrate my birthday on June 1st. So that morning he told me to be ready by 5:00 and get dressed up. Then at ten minutes to 5, he tells me to pack my overnight stuff. I was extremely excited, have never had a surprise like this. So we leave the house and drive up into the mountains. He ended up taking me to Elkhorn Resort and Spa. He had reserved their largest and nicest suite. I was shocked. It was absolutely beautiful. Our patio overlooked the valleys and mountains and pastures where horses were grazing.
He brought along a bottle of kahlua (the only kind of alcohol I really like), a shrimp ring and crab dip with crackers for later on that evening. We had a drink on the patio then he took me to the Resort Restaurant. The meal was to die for, and he had them bring me a birthday desert where he sang happy birthday to me and the other diners clapped afterwards. After supper we went back to our room and sat out on the patio having a couple of drinks. We also tried out the gorgeous jucuzzi tub. It was a magical night where I felt like a princess.
I've never had anyone do anything that special for me before. I teased him the next morning asking him how he was going to top this one for next year's birthday.
I love him so much.

No comments: