Tuesday, May 01, 2007

All about work

So I ended up applying for the full time position on Surgery/Maternity. It's between myself and another girl who is a .4. She has senority though. If the manager follows cupe laws, then she'll get the position over me. I'm told this .4 has a bad track record and always calls in sick, takes stress leave, etc and has also been flagged in the ER for pain meds. If she does end up gettting it, then I'm applying for her .4 on surgery and will pick up to match it. Hopefully will know soon.

The other night, had to work in the personal care home connected to the hospital. One of the residents is a hitter and I've always lucked out in the past. Not that night. Got punched twice in the arm. My partner, who was a man, had to strong arm the resident down. Pretty scarey. Have a bruise on my arm, but am ok otherwise. The joys of working with violent alzheimers residents.

Same night, one of my coworkers told me my tire was going flat on my van. Dan ended up changing it for me during supper break. Got the tire patched and is good as new now.

No comments: